St. Mary's Church

St. Luke's Church

St. Luke's Parish Room

Visitor guide

Church history

Church records


St. Luke's War Memorial

Designed by Professor Abercrombie of Liverpool University, the Chiddingstone Causeway, civic war memorial is comprised of Portland stone nine feet high mounted on a die. It faces the main road and is contained within the curtilage of the parish church of St. Luke. Spickett and Co. of  Tonbridge constructed and erected the memorial in time for its unveiling by the former Royal Engineer, and Adjutant-General of the British Expeditionary Force, General Sir George (Henry) Fowke KCB, KCMG. (1864-1936.) During an impressive service which was attended by a large crowd, the war memorial was dedicated on Sunday 30 July 1922, by the Right Reverend John Harmer, DD (1857-1944), who was at that time the Bishop of the Diocese of Rochester.